Grow, Learn & Play
Seedlings Preschool is committed to providing a safe environment with developmentally appropriate experiences for children ages 3-5. Our activities address the social, physical, cognitive, emotional, language development and self-help needs of young children.
Play is the work of a child. Meaningful play encourages curiosity, discovery and problem solving. In our classrooms, you will find busy, happy and sometimes noisy children engaged in math, literacy, science, art, music and small motor activities. Our school uses the Letter People program, a puppet based program, with all classes to help children learn the alphabet and letter sounds. As the children work and play, our college-educated teachers focus on the individual growth and self-esteem of each child.
Seedlings Preschool offers 7 classrooms, a large motor room and a large fenced-in playground dedicated to the preschool program. Our preschool wing remains securely locked during school hours. Each classroom has a bathroom with a child-size toilet and sink. All children will spend time, daily, participating in large motor activities. Our playground has a drinking fountain, swings, slides, a climbing wall, sand box and an in-ground trampoline, and more!
Throughout the year, all children and staff participate in fire, tornado and stranger danger drills. Staff is certified in CPR and first aid and participates in monthly safety training's. The safety of your child is very important to us. We are a peanut-free school and will address other allergies and dietary concerns on an independent basis.
We want your child’s first early learning experiences to be joyful. We look forward to partnering with you in this journey.
Come grow with us at Seedlings Preschool!
2020-2021 School Year
Registration for Huntley Park District Seedlings Preschool will begin on Monday, January 20, 2020. Both Residents and Non-residents are eligible to register at this time. If you register before February 14, you will receive a $50 discount on the one-time registration fee (regularly $75).
Registered Family Open House
Wednesday, September 2, 2020:
All T/TH, T/W/TH and T-TH classes: 6:00 pm
All M/W/F, M/W/TH/F and Night Owl classes: 6:30 pm
Afternoon classes: 7:00 pm
- Children entering our Pre-Kindergarten program must be four by September 1, 2020
- Children entering our Preschool program must be three by September 1, 2020
- Children must be toilet trained for all classes. No pull-ups please.
- Morning: 9:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- Afternoon: 12:15 PM - 2:45 PM
- Night Owl: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
- Classrooms open: 8:55 AM, 12:10 PM, and 6:55 PM
NOTE: In case of inclement weather, Huntley Park District daytime classes follow School District #158 cancellations. Impacts to the program due to weather can be found on our weather update page/app. Please view from a mobile device and feel free to download the app and follow the "Emergency Announcements" Channel. We will also post this on the front page of our website and Facebook page for weather cancellations.
2020-2021 Monthly Fees
2 days/week: $157 / $177
3 days/week: $179 / $199
4 days/week: $206 / $226
Night Owl: $98 / $118
SIBLINGS RECEIVE A 10% DISCOUNT ON FEES and will be applied automatically when applying online.
Preschool Enrollment/Payment Procedures
To process registration, we must have:
- A completed registration form (or online registration), proof of residency (something with your address, such as a utility bill, drivers license, etc.) if you have not previously registered with the Huntley Park District.
- A photo copy of the child's birth certificate and current immunization records will be due by June 1, 2020.
- $75.00 Non-Refundable fee in addition to the first month payment is due when registering for Seedlings Preschool.
- Preschool fees will be auto debited from a credit, debit, or ACH account on the 15th of each month beginning September 15, 2020 (for October) through April 15, 2021 (May). All preschool registrations required an automatic payment method.
- If you wish to pay by check or cash, you still must have a valid automatic payment method on file, but you can pre-pay in person at the Huntley Park District before the 15th of each month to avoid the charge.
- Fees for September are paid at the time of initial registration.
- Your payments and the credit card on file must be kept current. If not kept current, your child will not be able to attend preschool until fees are paid.
- All receipts are available to print at any time through your household account at huntleyparks.org.
3 Year-old Preschool
Seedlings 3 Year-old Preschool class is the best place for children to learn and explore in a safe and fun way. Activities include music, art, and large motor activities including recess time on our playground or in the indoor large motor area. Socialization and play are both part of early learning fun for three year-olds. Our “Letter People Program,” a puppet based program, helps introduce the letters.
4 Year-old Preschool
Seedlings Preschool classes for 4 year-olds will expand on skills developed in 3 year-old preschool. Participating in our phonics/letter program will help the children not only recognize letters but learn the sounds of each letter. Children will work on writing their names and participate in hands-on math activities. Students will work on school readiness skills such as listening and following directions. Play-based learning is part of the program along with large motor fun in the gym or in our secure Preschool playground.
This class will offer all the areas of learning and fun as our regular preschool classes, while allowing students to interact with their younger or older peers in unique ways. Multi-age Preschool provides older children the opportunity to learn leadership skills as they help the younger children and set examples for them. Younger children will learn problem-solving skills as they work with the older children. Work groups in this class can be smaller as they work on certain skills such a letter activities.
Dual Language Preschool
The Seedlings Preschool Dual Language class is a unique class that offers all the areas of learning and fun as our Multi-age Preschool Class, while providing an age-appropriate introduction to Spanish. Teachers are fluent in both English and Spanish.
Night Owl Preschool
Seedlings Night Owl Preschool is perfect for the child who is unable to attend a daytime class. To be respectful of learning time and bed time, snacks are not usually served and large motor activity time will be condensed. School readiness skills, along with developmentally appropriate art, music and story time is a part of each class.
Lunch Bunch is an extra fee program. A monthly calendar, giving the themes and dates for each session, is sent home each month. Registration is handled at the front desk. The cost of each session is $9.00 unless stated otherwise. Children bring their own lunch unless it is stated differently on the calendar.
Children take turns providing snack for their entire class. Please bring napkins, juice boxes and a snack. We will only serve food purchased and prepared by grocery stores. The labeling must be on all packages. We will not accept products that contain nuts or peanuts.
If the label states that the product was produced in a plant that uses nuts, we will not be able to use the snack.
Drop Off & Pickup
Children must be dropped off and picked up in their preschool classroom. Entrance to the preschool hallway is located off the main lobby. Please use the west doors of the REC Center.There is a sign-in and sign-out form in each classroom. Children will only be released to persons listed as authorized on your child’s registration form. Please present a picture ID when picking up your child. Teachers are required to ask see picture IDs from anyone they do not know.