Stingray Bay Family Aquatic Center
12219 Lois Lane, Huntley IL 60142 ----
(847) 515-7665 (POOL)
Information about 2022 swim lessons will be coming in Spring 2022. Stay tuned!
Daily Passes will be Back in 2022
Online Daily Passes will be available once Stingray Bay has opened for the 2022 season.
Huntley Stingrays Swim Team
The Huntley Stingrays Swim Team is a competitive team that participates in meets across the county through the North Central Illinois Swim Conference.
More information coming Spring 2022
2022 Season Passes Available Starting December 6
Season Passes for the 2022 season will be available in the near future. Stay tuned and see you next summer!
General Pool Information
Stingray Bay Aquatic Center passes are now available for sale online for the 2022 summer season. New for 2022 there are two opportunities to save on your purchase of Stingray Bay Pool passes with and Early-Bird Discount if you purchase before April 30 and and opportunity to still save some money when you purchase between May 1 and June 5. After June 5 season passes are still available at our regular rates for family fun in the sun all summer!
Information is posted below regarding the pool fees, season dates, etc. There will be several dates in the summer that the pool will close early for home swim meets. Once those dates are known, that information will be posted.
As many other businesses continue to adjust to increasing minimum wage requirements, the Park District also continues to adjust to these mandates. As such, we continue to increase the pay of our staff to be in compliance, but more importantly, offer a competitive wage and provide a great work environment to mostly to younger staff in the workplace. If you are interested in applying for a job at our Aquatic Center, please check our Employment Page for more information and available jobs as they are posted.
All fees listed take into account these changes and the pool season dates as posted below. Please be aware of season dates before purchasing your season passes.
Fees and Schedule
Season passes are now on sale in person and ONLINE. You can now buy your season passes online! Pass holders who had a past last year will retain the same "Universal Passes" they had last year, and upon purchasing, your pass will be activated for the season. Whether renewing or purchasing new, there will be no need to make a separate trip to our office to take a picture or receive your pass. Pictures can be taken right at the pool and if you are purchasing for the first time, just bring a photo ID or receipt with you on your first trip and we will issue your pass right at the pool. You may come to our office prior to the beginning of the season if you prefer. This card will be the same card used if you are a fitness center member as well, just activated based on which passes or memberships you purchase.
To purchase online please make sure you can login here. If not, please contact our front desk to help you access or setup your account. If you have new family members to add to your account you must contact our office to add them.
In the event that health restrictions or other circumstances change our operations, other changes in our pricing and pool availability may occur.
2022 Stingray Bay Season Passes!
*Price Before April 30
Price May 1- June 5
|Price after June 5
|Individual (Ages 3-61)
|Household of 2
|Household of 3
|Addl. HH member
2022 Stingray Bay Daily Fees!
|All Ages (3+)
|Ages 2 & Under
|Special Admission Days
*Twilight Rates are from 5:00p till close each day.
Season Pass Holder Benefits:
Unlimited visits to Stingray Bay
Priority entry for the first 15 minutes of the day
One (1) free guest pass per season pass holder (electronically on card)
$1 off admission for guests at the door anytime
Discounts on pool rentals
Pool Season: May 28-August 16
Monday-Friday: Noon - 7:00p
Saturday & Sunday: 11:00a - 7:00p
Memorial Day, May 30: Noon-6:00p
Independence Day, July 4: Noon-6:00p
Due to home swim meets the pool will close at 3:00p three dates. Dates TBA.
Stingray Bay is swimming pool facility licensed by the Illinois Department of Public Health, all guidance established will be followed to maintain compliance with licensing requirements. Should any COVID-19 mitigations be required of swimming pools in Illinois, those mitigations/rules/mandates will be posted as soon as they are known. At the present time, the only requirement related to COVID-19 remaining from summer 2021, was the requirement to wear a mask while in the locker rooms.
General Pool Rules
Stingray Bay Rules
- Lifeguards are present to prevent and respond to emergencies. Parents and guardians are responsible for the supervision and behavior of their children.
- Children 11 years of age and under must be accompanied by a parent, guardian, or caretaker at least 16 years of age.
- All non-swimmers must remain within an arm's reach of an adult.
- All guests are expected to conduct themselves in a safe and appropriate manner at all times. When a person's safety is jeopardized, staff has the right to take disciplinary action, up to and including removal from the facility.
- Individuals who have pre-existing medical conditions, such as those prone to seizures, are encouraged to inform pool managers to best prepare them in case of an emergency.
- Glass containers are not allowed in the facility.
- All coolers are subject to inspection by Stingray Bay staff and may be checked for unapproved items such as alcohol or glass.
- Controlled substances are not allowed in the facility. This includes, but is not limited to alcohol, tobacco products (including e-cigarettes)
- Swim diapers or swim pants with elastic at the waist and thighs are required for children who are not potty-trained. Reusable swim diapers are available for sale at Stingray Bay or other retailers. Huggies swim diapers alone are not sufficient, but can be worn under a reusable swim diaper.
- All food must be consumed in the grass or designated eating areas in accordance with the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- All lifejackets must be U.S. Coast Guard approved. All other personal flotation devices, including noodles, inner tubes, and unapproved lifejackets, are prohibited in the pool.
- Safety breaks will be announced at designated times. During safety breaks, only individuals 18 and older and infants who are unable to walk on their own will be permitted in the water with their parents.
- Huntley Park District reserves the right to suspend operations or reduce staffing/attractions due to inclement weather and/or low attendance.
- Huntley Park District reserves the right to amend these rules or create new ones as necessary.
Pool rules promote a safe, fun environment for everyone. Thank you for following our rules at Stingray Bay!
Diving Board Rules
- Only one person at a time is permitted on the diving board and ladder.
- Each person must wait at the bottom of the diving board ladder until the previous diver has reached the side of the pool.
- Only one bounce per dive is permitted.
- No running on the diving boards.
- Cartwheels and handstands off the board or the side of the pool are prohibited.
- You must leave the board, feet first. No backward dives are permitted.
- Immediately after surfacing, divers must swim directly to the ladder and exit the pool, you may not swim under the lane line.
- Swimming under the diving board is prohibited.
- Playing or swimming in the diving area is not permitted while boards are open for diving.
- Hanging off the end of the diving board is not permitted.
- Masks, goggles, toys or floatation devices may not be worn when going off the diving board.
- The Manager on Duty may restrict certain dives based on safety concerns.
Water Slide Rules
- All riders must be 42" tall in order to ride the waterslide.
- Maximum rider weight is 300 pounds.
- No foreign objects in pockets and no jewelry may be worn while riding the water slide. In addition, only swimsuits are permitted to be worn and clothing items with metal or hard plastic objects (such as jeans) are strictly prohibited.
- Riders must enter the slide in a sitting position and wait for instructions form the Slide Attendant.
- All riders must ride feet first or on their back with arms crossed on their their chest or clasped behind their head and their legs crossed at the ankles.
- Only one rider at a time permitted.
- No tubes, mats or lifejackets are permitted.
- The line should form on the deck with one rider on each landing and one rider in the starter tub. Wait until landing area is clear before entering.
- Riders must be in good health. Pregnant women or individuals with heart or back conditions should not use this ride.
- You may not use the slide under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Follow the instructions of the Slide Attendant.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling, or stopping in the flume. Arms and hands must remain in the flume.
- Do diving from the slides.
- Leave the plunge pool promptly after entering.
- Non-swimmers are not permitted.
- WARNING: Water depth at the plunge area is 3 feet 6 inches deep.
Any child that is not fully toilet trained MUST wear an aqua diaper at all times. Aqua diapers are rubber or plastic and have elastic at the waist and legs. Reusable aqua diapers are available for purchase at Stingray Bay or other retailers. Children who are not toilet trained will not be allowed in the pool without an aqua diaper in accordance with Illinois Department of Public Health standards. Huggies Little Swimmers alone, for example, are not enough. A tight-fitting plastic or rubber swim diaper must be worn over this.
Rules for Other Amenities
Frog Slide Rules
- A parent or adult must supervise children on the tot slide at all times.
- Enter the slide using the steps and hand grips. Do not climb on the slide.
- One child on the slide at a time.
- Riders must slide down feet first only. Standing, stopping and headfirst sliding are not allowed.
- After sliding, exit the area quickly.
- Walk. No horseplay, such as running or pushing allowed.
- The tot slide is designed for small children and toddlers only. Larger children and adults are not allowed on this slide.
- Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate removal from the aquatic park.
Basketball Hoop Rules
- Keep basketballs above water.
- Shoot only from the water.
- No hanging on the rim, net or backboard.
- No whipping or chucking the ball.
- No rough housing at any time.
- Violation of any of these rules may result in immediate removal from the aquatic park.
Play Structure Rules
- The spray structure area is for children under 48 inches tall.
- Parents/guardians are required to supervise their children in the area.
- Adults are not permitted in the area unless they are accompanying a child 48 inches or less.
- Climbing on any apparatus in an unsafe manner is strictly prohibited.
- Unruly or rough behavior is strictly forbidden and may result in loss of water play area privilege or expulsion from the facility.
- Riders must slide down feet first only. Standing, stopping and headfirst sliding are not allowed.
Inclement Weather Information
To keep fees as reasonable as possible and for the safety of all visitors and staff, Stingray Bay Aquatic Center may not open when weather is poor. The Aquatic Center may also close early under certain circumstances. The opening status of Stingray Bay will be posted on the Weather Page of the Huntley Park District Website. From THIS SITE you can also download the Rainout Line App and subscribe for notifications when the status of the pool changes. Public swim hours, swim lessons, and swim team cancellations will be updated here.
Stingray Bay Family Aquatic Center may not open during Public Swim if:
- Current and forecast temperature is below 68 degrees
- Moderate to heavy rain
- Visible lightning or thunder
- The lightning warning system has been activated
Stingray Bay may close if:
- Attendance is lower than 30 patrons for 1 hour, and at least one weather condition listed above is present
Ray’s Café may close if:
- Stingray Bay is closed
- Attendance is lower than 75 patrons for 30 minutes
*In Lieu of closing, certain areas or attractions may be closed.
*Other weather conditions such as wind may influence facility status as well.
Ray's Cafe and Other Food Information
Stingray Bay's Concession Stand, Ray's Cafe, Is available daily from Noon-6:00p, weather permitting. In addition, guests of Stingray Bay may bring their own food to the pool or order from a local restaurant and have it delivered. Note, staff cannot announce when food arrives. Please workout a communication plan with your delivery provider at the time of ordering your food.
Ray's Cafe Menu listed here is from 2021. Items may change for 2022 but you can see this list as an example of what to expect.
Starfish Swimming Lessons
at Stingray Bay
The Huntley Park District is an independent authorized provider of Starfish Swimming. Starfish Swimming is a nationally recognized swim instruction curriculum developed by the Starfish Aquatics Institute (SAI). The Starfish Swimming Program combines both swimming and water safety skill development by providing effective color awards of achievement to swimmers as their skills advance. The curriculum begins with StarBabies/StarTots, and transitions into the five levels Starfish Swim School, and finally advances to Starfish Stroke School.
We select top instructors to guide children through the world of swimming. Each of our instructors is trained and certified through the Starfish Swimming program. We provide a minimum 1 instructor per 6 children ratio for our group swimming lessons.
Swim Lesson registration dates will be posted in the Spring of 2022.
Choose the Appropriate Class
We're proud to offer flexible swim lessons varying from once a week to four times a week in the mornings, evenings, and on Saturdays. Swim lessons are offered from infancy to adults, proving it is never a bad time to learn to swim!
Group swimming lessons are offered in the mornings, evenings, and Saturday mornings. Out littlest swimmers are to register by level (StarBabies or StarTots), while other swimmers register by "School." In each school, swimmers are separated into varying levels based on their skills evaluation completed on the first day of swim lessons. Looking for which school to register for? See below:
StarBabies- Infants are introduced to the water with their caregivers. In this welcoming environment, little swimmers sing songs and learn floats with their loved ones!
StarTots- Toddlers who are able to walk on their own get comfortable in the pool in a class led by Starfish Swim Instructors. Songs, floats, and jumps make this class fun for everyone.
Starfish Swim School- In 5 levels of Swim School, swimmers work toward development of the five core swimming competencies and receive color stage awards for each achievement. Participants in swim school vary from beginners to able to swim 15 feet independently. Levels include White Starfish, Red Seahorse, Yellow Otter, Blue Dolphin, and Green Shark.
Starfish Stroke School- In 3 levels of Stoke School, swimmers refine freestyle and also learn stroke techniques for backstroke, butterfly, breaststroke, and work towards gaining endurance. Those registering for Stroke School should be able to swim 30 feet independently and should know their kicks (dolphin kick and froggy kick). Levels include River Ray, Electric Ray and Stingray.
The Huntley Park District keeps the previous year’s completed levels on file for reference. To look up your previous level record, email the Aquatic Supervisor.
If you would like to transfer your child into a different session and/or time, please visit the Huntley Park District registration desk. Class transfers will only be allowed if there is room in the desired class and if the change is made at least 7 days prior to the start of class. A service change may occur for class changes.
Cancellaton & Make-Up
In cases of inclement weather, Stingray Bay swim lessons host 1-2 make-up classes if needed. These classes are built into the lessons schedule and dates will be provided to you on the parent letter handed out on the first day of lessons. Please remember that swim lessons are instructed in cool and windy weather. The pool water is kept at 82 degrees, but may vary due to weather conditions. Lessons are only cancelled due to severe weather. To receive weather updates and text alerts when swim lessons are canceled, please subscribe to our Rainout Line by clicking the weather icon at the top of the page. Please be sure to subscribe to “Swim Lessons” You may also call 847-515-POOL (7665) to check the status of lessons and listen for “Weather Updates and Early Closings.” Please do not call the REC Center for weather updates. Please keep in mind that make-ups will only be held if the park district cancels the class. No make-ups will be issued for sickness or vacations.
Any child that is not fully toilet trained MUST wear an aqua diaper at all times. Aqua diapers are rubber or plastic and have elastic at the waist and legs. Reusable aqua diapers are available for purchase at Stingray Bay or other retailers. Children who are not toilet trained will not be allowed in the pool without an aqua diaper in accordance with Illinois Department of Public Health standards.
Like a school setting, children perform better when they are able to give full attention to their instructors. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL PARENTS OR SIBLINGS BE ALLOWED TO WAIT ON THE POOL DECK. Parents are invited to the pool deck on the last day of lessons to take pictures and see what your child has learned. Please limit observation to 1 spectator per child.
For more information regarding Starfish Swimming Lessons such as level options and session schedules check out our Summer Brochure. For additional information, please contact the Aquatic Supervisor.
The Starfish Swimming Logo is a registered trademark of Starfish Aquatics Institute. All rights reserved.
Huntley Stingray Swim Team
The Huntley Stingrays Swim Team is a competitive team that participates in meets across the county through the North Central Illinois Swim Conference. Registration dates will be posted in the Spring of 2022.
In order to be eligible, swimmers must be 18 years of age or younger as of June 1, 2022 and must complete the following requirements:
- 8 years and under
- Must have completed Green Shark swim course in Starfish Swimming lessons OR swim 25 yards continuously.
- 9 years and above
- Must have completed Electric Ray stroke course in Starfish Swimming lessons OR swim 50 yards continuously.
Time trials, a comprehensive assessment, will be completed the first week of in-water practice to determine eligibility and practice groups. Any swimmer unable to meet the requirements will not be permitted to participate and will receive a full refund.
The Stingrays' season begins in late mid-May and ends with our Conference Championship meet in July.
Practice times will range between 1-2 hours. Swimmers are required to attend 4 days of practice each week.
Meets are held on Tuesday evenings June-July at Stingray Bay and other pools in the surrounding area, in towns such as Cary and Algonquin. The Stingrays' season concludes with the Conference Championship Swim Meet in July.
Strong parental commitment is vital to the success of the Stingrays Swim Team. Volunteers are needed for home and away swim meets, the Rubber Ducky Race, banquet and more. Have questions about volunteering? Contact our swim coaches via email.
Invite your family, friends, and colleagues to Stingray Bay to celebrate a birthday, family gathering, corporate event, or just for the fun! Stingray Bay can host groups from 25 to 550 individuals at a time! More information about rental opportunities will be published in the Spring of 2022.