Players will not have to wear a face covering while playing but will be required to wear a face covering while walking through our building. Coaches, staff, and parents must have a face covering on at all times.
Below are more details on the health guidelines of our basketball program.
- Please follow the ENTRY DIAGRAM to help minimize crowds. Do not arrive in the building more than 5 minutes before your activity.
- We encourage parents to buy their child their own basketball.
- Huntley Park District will supply equipment (balls and cones) but it will be shared equipment that is sanitized by Park District Staff after each use.
- All participants and spectators should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before and after each activity.
- Hand sanitizer and wipes will be available in the gym to use for participants, coaches and spectators
- Bleachers will be closed during the program. Chairs will be provided and properly distanced for each court.
- Players should try and maintain 6 feet apart on the bench
- Players should wear a mask while on the bench if they cannot keep 6 feet apart
- Spectators should remain 6 feet apart unless they are in the same household.
- Spectators must have a mask on while attending the game.
- Spectators are limited to one per household when attending the program.
- Intra-Team Scrimmage and practice times will be staggered allowing for time for gym to clear before a new group may enter. Arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your scheduled start time.
- Please use the South entrance to enter and exit for the program. Follow the flow chart provided for entering and exiting the gym for the program.
- If you arrive to a field or gym and the prior group is still using the facility, please do not enter until they have left.
- No team snacks or drinks at any time.
- No team huddles. Team meetings should be conducted such that the coaches and all participants are at least 6 ft. a part.
- No contact with players, including high fives, fist bumps, etc.
- Face Coverings –
1. Players - Only worn when players cannot maintain 6 feet while on the bench and must be worn while entering/exiting the building
2. Coaches – Must wear a face covering at all times
3. Spectators - Must wear face covering at all time