YOUTH FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUES
Our recreational flag football league is designed to be a non-contact alternative football program. Games are played in a 5-on-5 format on a 50 yard long field according to the NFL Flag rules. Participants will begin to learn about different formations, pass patterns, and different types of defense. Flag Football program will comply with Health and Safety Guidelines from the State of Illinois. Please see our Health and Safety Page for more information.
1st - 8th Grade
- Games are played in a 5-on-5 format on a 50-yard field according to the NFL Flag rules.
- Participants are required to provide their own mouth guard.
- All players will receive a jersey & flag belt. Players must wear pants or shorts without pockets during all team activities – these are provided by the participant.
- Mouth Guards:All players at all levels must have a mouth guard to participate in practices or games.
- Cleats: It is recommended that players wear cleats as games will be played on natural grass fields and can become slippery in wet conditions
- Typically games are scheduled for Saturday afternoons. A few Sunday games may be played throughout the season in order to get games done in a timely fashion or due to weather cancellations.
- Practices will start the 3rd week of August. Games will begin after Labor Day and extend through the end of October.
Teams will receive one (1) practice per week and the day/time is chosen by the volunteer coach. Typically practices are Monday-Friday for 1 hour 5 pm or after. Practices take place at various community parks such as: Warrington, Tomaso, and/or Tures parks.
Early-Bird Registration Ends Monday, July 26
Any registration taken after July 26 is NOT guaranteed and will have a $15 fee added to the registration fee.