On Tuesday, November 17 the Illinois Governor announced that Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations were to start for the State of Illinois on Friday, November 20 which had several impacts on Huntley Park District programming. Initially it seemed hopeful our region would meet the criteria to relax these mitigations within 2 weeks of being issued. On Monday, November 30 it was announced that ALL regions will remain in the Tier 3 Mitigation stage for at least 2 more weeks (from Monday, November 30) and likely longer.
How does this new announcement impact Huntley Park District activities now?
This effectively interferes with most fall programs which end the week of December 7 or 14. While this effectively cancels most activities now, it is hopeful that recreational activities will resume shortly after the first of the year, as a result, the following actions are being taken now in response to this unfortunate news:
Activities Still Available In-Person:
- Parks and Playgrounds - Remain open from dawn to dusk, please observe social distancing and mask use if within 6 ft. of others.
- Trails – Remain open from dawn to dusk, please observe social distancing and mask use if within 6 ft. of others.
- Fitness Center – Remains open to members only, with masks required. Group Exercise Classes are closed to in-person activities, but virtual classes will be offered beginning Monday, December 7 via Facebook Live. Personal Training also remains available.
- Remote Learning Camp will remain open.
- Currently scheduled Virtual Programs will be held as scheduled.
Activities that will continue online /virtual classes:
- All Shotokan Karate Classes
- All KiMudo Classes
- All Young Rembrandt Cartooning Classes
- All Kid Rock and Tot Rock Classes
Instructors will reach out to participants directly with access information for classes before their next regularly scheduled class.
Activities that are now cancelled for the remainder of the session:
- Youth Basketball League
- All Volleyball Classes and Clinics
- Hot Shot Sports - Basketball Clinic*
- Hot Shot Sports - NERF Elite Battle Class*
- Hot Shot Sports - Mini Ninja Warriors*
- Hot Shots Sports - Adult Tot Ninja Warriors*
- Gymnastics/Parkour (held at Royalty Gymnastics)
- All Ice Skating Classes (held at Leafs Ice Arena)
- Huntley Spirit Clinic (Cheerleading)
- Mom and Me: Christmas Crafts and Stories
*Hot Shot Sports Classes will be offered an alternative set of virtual programs. If you prefer to opt into any of these options you may do so by 5:00p on Sunday, December 6 by replying to the program supervisor who will send you this information. Otherwise, your class will automatically be cancelled on Monday, December 7.
Please see instructions below in “What do I do now?” as to next steps if you are in this group of activities that is now cancelled.
- All gymnasium activities remain paused at this time.
- The start of Seedlings Preschool will remain on hold and we are hopeful to resume in mid-January when more is known about the current pandemic.
- Registration office hours to be reviewed and changes will be posted on our website.
- We are looking forward to winter programming which is anticipated to start shortly after January 1. A variety of new and unique programming will be available as soon as it is clear activities may resume.
- A Winter Brochure “Preview” Edition will be released the week of December 7 that will show which programs will be available online and a list of other options that will be available as soon as in-person activities may resume. Formal registration for those activities will be made available when a date is available for activities to resume.
What do I do now?
- If enrolled in a current Park District program, you can do one of the following:
- If your activity is still available, please continue attending and any additional health and safety guidelines will be shared as necessary.
- If your activity has moved to a virtual format, your instructor will reach out to you before your next regularly scheduled class with login credentials to participate.
- For those that were enrolled in classes that are now cancelled, we will automatically credit your Park District account with the prorated amount. We do this as it is the quickest way to cancel the classes. If you prefer a refund back to your original payment method, we are happy to honor this request. Please email your request to email@example.com with the name of the participant, the Activity #, and the name of the class and we will process a refund.
- Due to the volume of cancellations that are being processing, please allow up to a week for these to be processed. You will receive an emailed receipt of the transaction once it occurs.
- Any further questions please reach out to our Front Desk at the contact info below.
You can keep up to date on our status on our website, Facebook, or Instagram. You can also opt-in to periodic newsletters on our website as well. Please contact our registration office at (847) 669-3180 x. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again very soon at the Huntley Park District.