On Tuesday, November 17 the Illinois Governor announce that Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigations will start for the State of Illinois on Friday, November 20 which will have some impacts on Huntley Park District programming.
How long will the Tier 3 Mitigation measures be in place for?
- Effective November 20, 2020, all regions in the State will operate under the new mitigation requirements to combat the surge of COVID-19 across Illinois. IDPH will continue to track the positivity rates and hospital capacity metrics in regions over a 14-day monitoring period to determine if mitigations can be relaxed, if additional mitigations are required, or if current mitigation should remain in place.
- In order to see a removal of Tier 3 mitigations and transition to Tier 2, a region must experience less than 12 percent test positivity rate for three consecutive days AND greater than 20 percent available intensive care unit (ICU) and hospital bed availability AND declining 7-day average COVID hospitalizations in 7 out of the last 10 days.
How do the tier 3 Mitigation measures impact Huntley Park District Activities and Services?
Huntley Park District is hopeful more information will be available by Thursday, December 3 and that health metrics will improve to the benchmarks stated above for our region. In the meantime, the following changes will be made to Park District programming until December 3, or until such time the status of our Region is known.
Available In-Person Activities
- Parks and Playgrounds - Remain open from dawn to dusk, please observe social distancing and mask use if within 6 ft. of others.
- Trails – Remain open from dawn to dusk, please observe social distancing and mask use if within 6 ft. of others.
- Fitness Center – Open to members only with masks required. Instructions for use will be communicated to our members. Group Fitness Classes are closed to in-person activities, but a combination of live and virtual classes will be offered.
- Remote Learning Camp will remain open.
- Currently scheduled Virtual Programs will be held as scheduled.
Activities that will continue online /virtual classes:
- All Shotokan Karate Classes
- All KiMudo Classes
- All Young Rembrandt Cartooning Classes
- All Kid Rock and Tot Rock Classes
Instructors will reach out to participants directly with access information for classes before their next regularly scheduled class. Some classes may not meet on the next regularly scheduled date, but they will provide the specifics before your next regularly scheduled class.
Activities to be paused until December 3:
- Youth Basketball League
- All Volleyball Classes and Clinics
- Hot Shot Sports Basketball Clinic
- NERF Elite Battle Class
- Mini Ninja Warriors
- Adult Tot Ninja Warriors
- Gymnastics/Parkour (held at Royalty Gymnastics)
- All Ice Skating Classes (held at Leafs Ice Arena)
- Huntley Spirit Clinic (Cheerleading)
- Mom and Me: Christmas Crafts and Stories
A decision on whether these programs may resume or be cancelled will be made by December 3. If programs resume, make-ups or prorated credits/refunds would be issued for any missed activity dates. Thank you for your patience.
- All gymnasium activities paused at this time.
- The start of Seedlings Preschool will remain on hold.
- Our Digital Winter Brochure will be delayed until a safe return to activities is permitted by the State.
- Registration office hours to be reviewed and changes will be posted on our website.
- Regular Fitness Center hours are now Monday through Friday 5:30a-7:30p. Saturday and Sunday hours are 7:00a-1:00p.
What do I do now?
- If enrolled in a current Park District program there is nothing to do now. When a decision is made on December 3, we will provide more information at that time as it might apply to resuming your activities, cancellations, credits, or refunds.
- Any further questions please reach out to our Front Desk at the contact info below.
You can keep up to date on our status on our website, Facebook, or Instagram. You can also opt-in to periodic newsletters on our website as well. Please contact our registration office at (847) 669-3180 x. 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions.
Please stay safe and we look forward to seeing you again very soon at the Huntley Park District.