At this time, in-person camp will not begin until our region is declared to be in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois plan, as determined by the State of Illinois. Tentatively, in-person camp will start July 6. Registration for Summer Day Camp is temporarily not available, yet we anticipate opening registration for this the week of June 15. We are expecting specific social distancing guidelines (not yet available to us) and we must know those guidelines so we can determine if we can safely accommodate more people than are currently enrolled. In preparation for registration, specific instructions, helpful tips, how to get access to your online account, and screencasts of how to do this online are available HERE. Also, please note, the following as it pertains to camp:
- At this time, we are planning to hold camp but fully expect there to be new social distancing guidelines and safety procedures. We intend to follow whatever guidance is recommended to deliver a safe camp experience.
- Stingray Bay is closed so there will be no trips to the pool this summer
- There will be no field trips as this would put children near each other in a confined space.
- We do plan to increase onsite entertainment for camps as a replacement for these trips.
- Should camp be cancelled due to situations beyond our control, all participants would receive a FULL refund, including the normally non-refundable deposit. It is the intention of the Huntley Park District to make whatever situation we face right for our customers.